It was too late (sorry Gingey Bites ) I had already started to crave that soft silky comfort food that is risotto. Looking through my store cupboard I found a half packet of arboreo rice and Parmesan cheese Yes !
The Turkey and wine I have a plenty (after all it is Christmas !) and so Turkey Risotto it was.
If you fancy making this you'll find the recipe below.
Feeds Two generously.
1 tbs butter
Glug of olive oil
3 Spring onions - chopped
1 Clove of Garlic - chopped
150g - 1 Cup Arborio rice
600ml - 1 pint of chicken stock
125ml - small wine glass of white wine
Half packet of Parmesan - keep two teaspoons back for the Parmesan crisp.
|Ingredients for turkey risotto|
- Melt the butter and oil in a non-stick saucepan.
- Add the spring onions and garlic and soften for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice, cook gently over a low heat for 3 mins.
- Add the glass of wine and cook till nearly all the liquid is absorbed.
- Slowly add your stock bit by bit as with the wine let it almost absorb before adding more stock.
- When all your stock has been added and you have the consistency you want (it should look creamy with a slight bite to the rice) add your peas and turkey.
- Turn the heat off and stir through your Parmesan.
To make the Parmesan crisp
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 \ 180 deg.
- On a flat baking sheet spoon 1 teaspoon of Parmesan into a small cooking ring and pack down to resemble flat discs.
- Cook in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Remove the discs with a plastic spatula immediately.
- You can shape if you want by laying the discs over a rolling pin, I left mine flat.
|The Parmesan crisp|
That's it enjoy!
Stay Connected With Free Updates!
To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox