Friday 11 January 2013

Pork and spinach meatballs

It's that time of year again when I have decided it's time to eat sensibly after all the over indulgence of Christmas. Like most people I've gained a few extra pounds but in March I'm off on a holiday to the far east, so my plan is to lose a bit of weight to allow for the over indulgence again. See! every cloud has a silver lining.

I hate the word diet so eat sensibly I must ! and when I have to eat sensibly I have to have a meal plan. I find Rosemary Conley's Diet & Fitness magazine is great for this.

So I'm putting away my Olive & BBC Good food magazines and developing temporary blindness to most of my cookery books for a few weeks. And as for meals out ...... Yikes !

Anyways what I don't spend in restaurants will be going into the holiday fund (silver lining again).

I made these pork and spinach meatballs from this magazine and I have to say they were very good, and did not feel like diet food at all. Here's how I made them. 
( I doubled the ingredients to make a larger batch to freeze)


 204 calories per serving and 4.4% fat .

INGREDIENTS
Serves 4
  • 400g lean pork mince
  • 2 Leeks, finely chopped (I used 1 large one)
  • 1 Garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
  • 1 tbsp Grain mustard
  • 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder
  • 100g finely chopped spinach

METHOD

1. Place pork in a mixing bowl. Add the leeks, garlic, sage, mustard and stock powder. Mix well adding the spinach.







2. Divide into 20 golf ball - sized balls.




3. Preheat a none stick dry fry pan, dry fry the meatballs browning on all sides.


Serve with unlimited fresh vegetables.

P.S I made a tomato sauce for these by dry frying one red onion with a chopped clove of garlic and any herb you like, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes then blitz using a stick blender. Add the meatballs to heat through.



Stay Connected With Free Updates!

To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox

No comments:

Post a Comment