I hate the word diet so eat sensibly I must ! and when I have to eat sensibly I have to have a meal plan. I find Rosemary Conley's Diet & Fitness magazine is great for this.
So I'm putting away my Olive & BBC Good food magazines and developing temporary blindness to most of my cookery books for a few weeks. And as for meals out ...... Yikes !
Anyways what I don't spend in restaurants will be going into the holiday fund (silver lining again).
I made these pork and spinach meatballs from this magazine and I have to say they were very good, and did not feel like diet food at all. Here's how I made them.
( I doubled the ingredients to make a larger batch to freeze)
204 calories per serving and 4.4% fat .
- 400g lean pork mince
- 2 Leeks, finely chopped (I used 1 large one)
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1 tbsp Grain mustard
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder
- 100g finely chopped spinach
1. Place pork in a mixing bowl. Add the leeks, garlic, sage, mustard and stock powder. Mix well adding the spinach.
2. Divide into 20 golf ball - sized balls.
3. Preheat a none stick dry fry pan, dry fry the meatballs browning on all sides.
Serve with unlimited fresh vegetables.
P.S I made a tomato sauce for these by dry frying one red onion with a chopped clove of garlic and any herb you like, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes then blitz using a stick blender. Add the meatballs to heat through.
Stay Connected With Free Updates!
To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox