Sunday 14 April 2013

Singapore sling

On my last vacation I managed to tick off one of my bucket list goals of having a Singapore sling in the long bar at Raffles hotel in Singapore. But there was one small problem, understandably as Raffles sell over 1000 of these drinks a day they are pre mixed.

Undeterred to try a proper one I made a note of the recipe and once home sourced the drinks needed.

Ingredients
Metric Measurements as printed on the original raffles Hotel menu.

30ml Gin.
15 ml Cherry Brandy.
120 ml Pineapple Juice.
15 ml Lime Juice.
7.5 ml Cointreau.
7.5 ml Dom Benedictine.
10 ml Grenadine.
A Dash of Angostura Bitters.
Garnish with a slice of Pineapple and Cherry.

Method

Shake with ice. Strain into an ice filled collins glass.

Garnish with cherry and slice of pineapple.

Recipe for those preferring to use fluid oz

1 1/2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce cherry heering
1/4 ounce Cointreau liqueur
1/4 ounce benedictine
4 ounces pineapple juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/3 ounce grenadine
1 dash bitters

A fantastic cocktail, every time I make a singapore sling I will now be able to visualise walking the beautiful courtyards of Raffles and of course sipping at the long bar with the mechanical fans wafting over my head. Oh and I mustn't forget, to make it truly authentic I must have a bowl of monkey nuts.

Ingredients for a Singapore sling (Raffles)
 

Forgive the terrible attempt to garnish, In my eagerness to get home and make them I forgot to but Pineapple and cherries. Glace it had to be :0)
 

Stay Connected With Free Updates!

To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox

No comments:

Post a Comment