- 40z/110g butter - room temperature
- 40z/110g caster sugar
- grated zest of one clementine
- 1 egg
- 9oz/250g plain flour
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- In a processor or by hand, beat the butter, sugar and zest together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and a pinch of salt.
- Lightly toast the hazelnuts, I find this gives a better flavour.
- Add the flour and hazelnuts and mix in gently.
- Shape the dough into a log about 2in/5cm thick and wrap well in cling film. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To bake, heat the oven to 350F/180C/ gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with none stick paper.
- Cut the dough, straight from the fridge into 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm slices and arrange, well spaced on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes (the exact time will depend on the thickness of the biscuits) until very lightly coloured.
- Lift the hot, still soft biscuits onto a wire rack to cool and crisp up.
Stay Connected With Free Updates!
To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox