I've also been very busy getting my house ready to go on the market so my blogging has also been a bit slow recently. I plan to move to a semi rural area where I long for a garden large enough to have a vegetable patch so I can grow my own veggies at home. Also looking forward to the country life and devoting more time to blogging my recipes and the likes.
So concidering my blogging has been a bit slow of late I feel honoured to be nominated ! thanks Alex :0)
The Leibster Award. Here it is in a nutshell: "The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 10 random facts about themselves, answer the 10 questions from the award giver, and then nominate other bloggers and make up 10 questions for them to answer. it's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
Task 1 - Ten random facts about me :
- I have flown a plane, ( a small one )
- I once hosted a radio show on Elle fm In Livepool for a short while.
- Contrary to popular belief that only men have sheds, I have two! one on my allotment and one at home. I believe it would put most men's sheds to shame! P.s the one at home has curtains on the windows.
- I once put tinsel in the blender to make glitter.
- I use to be a dog groomer and once had to give a dog the kiss of life ( seriously )
- I've had numerous electric shocks one rendered me temporarily blind for a couple of seconds . I even get shocks of people, I'm full of static !!
- I'm coming up to 20yrs in my current job.
- I'm addicted to lipsol.
- I love roof top bars.
- If I were queen I would ban chewing gum off the face of the earth.
Task 2 - Answer Alex's question
- When and why did you decide to start a food blog ?
more Images of food I had eaten in restaurants I had visited or food I had made
at home on Facebook. Not wanting to flood my time line fit to bursting with foodie
pictures I decided another outlet was in order. One day Alex of @Gingeybites asked
me on Twitter if I blogged? Thats when the light bulb in my head switched on thus
Eatslurpburp was born.
2. If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
For me the Potato is the king of vegetables, baked, fried, mashed, boiled, roasties,
CHIPS ! so versatile and so dam tasty. You can even make vodka from them.
3. Red sauce or brown sauce?
That depends on what I'm eating, but mostly red.
4. If you could have anyone to your house for dinner, who would it be and why? you can
invite four people.
My father who died 20 yrs ago, would be lovely to see and chat to him again.
I'm going to cheat here and pick a double act as one choice as they come as a pair
and that's Mel Giedroyc and sue Perkins, they would keep the dinner party
5. What's the one ingredient you can't live without ?
6. Favourite take away?
Definately Chinese, hot & sour soup, salt & pepper ribs, crispy duck with pancakes,
chicken with spring onion and ginger, beef in oyster sauce, and of course fried rice
7. What's your most embarrassing food secret ?
Fish finger butties!
8. What's your favourite style of cooking and why ?
French, I love rich dishes, wine sauces, garlic & cream. naughty but nice.
9. Cheeseboard or cheesecake ?
That's a really hard question, but again depends on what I've eaten beforehand?
after some meals you need something sweet so would pick cheesecake ( has to be a
baked one ) If I was going to have a few more glasses of wine after dinner then I
would pick a cheeseboard.
10. Who inspired you most as a young cook and what did you learn frm them ?
My mother who lives in Spain. My parents separated when I was young and I used to
visit her in the summer holidays. She introduced me to foods I had never encountered
before at home like aubergines, garlic, swordfish and dishes like paella. They all
seemed very exotic. I was also introduced to Indonesian cuisine. My mothers favourite
restaurant was in the next village to where she lived. I was also introduced to a devine
chocolate spread we used to spread on baguettes for breakfast called Nutella. Nutella
was unheard of in England then. I also remember being blown away by a style of
Swiss cooking called Raclette my mother used to set this up at the table. I felt very
sophisticated and grown up cooking at the table with my very own little frying pan.
Task 3 - Nominate other bloggers.
Some of the blogs I read have already been nominated so to keep it interesting I shall pick different ones that I don't think have been nominated yet.
Ellie is an avid baker and tweeter and is always posting interesting bakes.
Nicole food alway's looks amazing and I love her blog name.
Rebecca Hills @g_streetbite globalstreetbite.com
Rebecca has been to some very exotic places and her recipes reflect this brilliantly.
My 10 questions should you choose to accept this challenge :
- Which chef would you choose to cook you a private meal and why ?
- Where would your ideal dinning destination be and why ?
- What would you have for a last supper?
- What's the most memorable meal you've ever had?
- What do you love most about food ?
- Your on a desert island - what 3 ingredients would you take with you?
- Your down to your last £10 what food would you spend it on ?
- If you had to eat the same thing every day what would you choose?
- If you opened your refridgerator right now what would you find?
- What is the most bizzare thing you've ever eaten ?
Stay Connected With Free Updates!
To get every new Eat Slurp Burp post delivered to your inbox